Friday, December 12, 2008

ender wiggin is gay!!

hey! im dj'ing TMJ this saturday and im stoked!! im going to write about my favorite queer dance music. music not necessarily made by queer artists, just queer music. don’t get me wrong, i love the queers making music but shomi noise already covered that nicely.

to me, music becomes queer by possessing that certain something that hits you right in the gayplace. the same place that tingled whenever the ellen show came on. That’s ellen the sitcom, not the talk show. i mean, bonus if they experiment with music norms but really, its like-does this make me feel awesome and gay? or does it make me feel like queen latifah playing will smith’s love interest in the fresh prince of belair. booored.

hmm, maybe i should just call this a queer’s favorite music.

well, here are my current queer music favorites. each one hits hard enough to make even the stiffest wrist go limp.

METRONOMY


who said french guys don’t know how to dance? did anyone? nobody did? oh. well nevermind then. because obviously, they do. and metronomy’s videos are awesome. please note their old albums are boring.

FRANKMUSIK


who knows, maybe i just like music videos, but the song feels like a bunch of doves being let off in my chest. but they don’t bite or anything, they just want to hang out and drink milkshakes or something.

LE CORPS MINCE DE FRANÇOISE


this song and video makes me love being gay. Why not.

MARNIE STERN


marnie stern isn’t really dance music.bBut as a guitar hero virtuoso (i play on expert. believe it) i recognize and celebrate her shredding abilities.

well, i will save the rest of my favorites for this saturday night at sputnik!

umbrella helen! tikka masala! saturday night will be rad!!

xoender wiggin

1 comment: